The Council of Bethesda on the Bay serves as the leadership of this church. Council members serve two- year terms (for up to six years). Any member of Bethesda on the Bay can attend Council meetings which regularly commence at 7:30 PM on the 3rd Monday of the month.
Council members serve on the following committees:
- Worship and Music
- Mission and Outreach
- Christian Education
- WELCA (Women of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America)
Council Members (as of September 2019):
- Bob Emmerich – President
- Mark Richardson – Vice President and Chair of Mission and Ministry
- Emerson Emser – Secretary
- Jim Chorba – Treasurer and Indoor Property
- Laura English
- Lisa Hanson – Chair of Spiritual Growth
- Scott Pohlkamp
- William Pope
- Barb Semroc
- Todd Semroc – Outdoor Property
- Marcia Starr – Bethesda Childcare Center Treasurer
- Lynne Zeidler
Other members with gifts and passions for these areas of ministry are invited to serve on any committee.
These leaders encourage all members to use their time and talent to serve throughout the church and local community.
BYLAWS of Bethesda
Agape Fund Policy & Procedures